4-2. 동사와 태
2. 의문문 수동태
1. 일반 의문문의 수동태는 “be+S+과거분사” 형식을 취한다.
Did you hire the man? → Was the man hired by you?
① 의문문을 평서문으로 전환 → You hired the man.
② 수동태로 전환 → The man was hired by you.
③ 의문문으로 전환 → Was the man hired by you?
2. 의문사가 있는 의문문의 수동태는 “의문사+be+S+과거분사” 형식을 취한다.
When did he make his official debut for Barcelona?
→ When was his official debut for Barcelona made?
① 의문문을 평서문으로 전환 → He made his official debut for Barcelona.
② 수동태로 전환 → His official debut for Barcelona was made (by him).
③ 의문문으로 전환 → Was his official debut for Barcelona made?
④ 의문사를 문장 앞에 놓는다 → When was his official debut for Barcelona made?
Who broke the vase? → By whom was the vase broken?
→ 의문사 who가 주어로 쓰인 의문문은 “by whom”으로 고쳐 문장 앞에 둔다.
수동태는 능동으로 능동태는 수동으로 바꾸시오.
1. Exhibition Space Program had been approved by the City Council.
2. The museum notified the employees of their termination of the contract, effective immediately.
3. When she was young, Cathy was brought up by her grandmother.
4. My car is being repaired by the mechanic.
5. Thousands of homes were destroyed by the hurricane.
6. He was told to be careful by a policeman.
7. She will be taught English by him.
8. He has not taken the car into the garage.
9. By next month they will have finished this job.
10. He was asked not to leave without talking to the manager by them.
11. Have the police found the body?
12. Did anyone answer your question?
13. Why was the meeting postponed by them?
14. By whom was a lie told?
15. Who repaired the broken vase?
1. The City Council had approved Exhibition Space Program.
2. The employees were notified of their termination of the contract, effective immediately by the museum.
3. Cathy’s grandmother brought up her when she was young.
4. The mechanic is repairing my car.
5. The hurricane destroyed thousands of homes.
6. A policeman told him to be careful.
7. He will teach her English.
8. The car has not been taken into the garage by him.
9. By next month this job will have been finished.
10. They asked him not to leave without talking to the manager.
11. Has the body been found by the police?
12. Was your question answered by anyone?
13. Why did they postpone the meeting?
14. Who told a lie?
15. By whom was the broken vase repaired?